Health, Safety, Environment & Security Policy
Timor Resources is committed to achieving incident free operations through the provision of effective Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) Management across all of its operations and work sites for the benefit of employees, contractors and the community.
The Company is committed to:
- Promoting HSES objectives, leadership, responsibilities and behaviour as an integral part of the duties of management and all employees;
- Complying with applicable laws and other obligations and requirements that the company subscribes to, and where adequate laws do not exist, adopting and applying standards that reflect Timor Resources commitment to HSES outlined in this policy;
- Reporting and evaluating risks, threats, hazards and impacts to company operations that have the potential to adversely affect the environment or the health and safety of employees, contractors or the community;
- Implementing appropriate control and contingency measures to prevent pollution and minimise and manage these risks, threats, hazards and impacts to an acceptable level;
- Establishing and ensuring that standards are followed and effective practices promoted to ensure that the environment, people, property and information are protected from harm;
- Selecting and engaging contractors whose management systems are acceptable to Timor Resources and whose commitment to this policy is clearly and continuously demonstrated;
- Providing competent human resources to manage relevant aspects of health, safety, environment or security;
- Communicating openly with all stakeholders on HSES related issues;
- Providing training, instruction and supervision to personnel to enable them to attain the knowledge and skill levels necessary to perform their work incident free;
- Maintaining appropriate contingency arrangements;
- Continually monitoring, reviewing and improving HSES performance and associated management systems so that our activities can continue without interruption;
- Ensuring that oversight of accident, incident and near miss investigations is assumed by the appropriate executive manager and that those investigations are conducted to a level of detail that is appropriate to the event’s actual and potential severity, and;
- Ensuring a consistent and equitable approach to the management of the health of the employees and the communities.
Every employee and contractor working for the Company has a responsibility to promote a culture whereby their actions and those of their colleagues are consistent with this Policy.